It feels months ago since I saw Emma… I know I’m not doing very good at this blogger malarky, however I do intend to keep trying. Sorry Emma x
Well, today is the big day - Emma is going travelling!
As I am planning an escape myself (albeit a couple of weeks) I thought I would share with Emma, some “how to survive a long haul flight” advice I have been looking at with my travel buddy (my mum) & even though LHR to Delhi is only 8 hours, it will no doubt feel like a lifetime!
- Be prepared (this is something we have never been good at Emma!) Have your tickets, passports & other documentation all in one place & somewhere you can find it / access it easily but make sure its safe.
- Change your watch before you get on the flight to get acustomed to the new time zone (Australia will be hellish!)
- Sleep as much as you can before you land - Emma, no problems!
- Drink lots of water & eat little but often so you dont feel uncomfortable during your flight. I found this website today http://www.airlinemeals.net/index.php that gives you an idea of the types of food served on different airlines - Quite handy for fussy people like me!
- Keep hydrated & keep moving by drinking the aforementioned water, vaseline on the lips, cream on the face, neck & hands & use the loo breaks as your chance to stretch & get excersise. Emma, I will be wearing flight tights hahha doubt you have those! Did you know that compression of the cabin will increase your shoe size by 1 size?! Sick.
- Take a toothbrush and toothpaste in hand luggage - halitosis translates in all nations!
- Don’t take a spray deodorant - use a roll on.
- Take your own form of entertainment. Just incase the films are rubbish! A book, maybe on the places you are going, magazine, i Pod, anything!!! I think its rude to people watch on planes Emma!
- Have a pen & paper (or in your case Emma, that travel diary I bought you!) to write anything that comes into your mind, to record something someone said or to jot down a funny sight you see.
- Relax! & enjoy your flight!
Well, I hope you can give me some flight advice Emma, because I think a 24 hour flight will leave me dried out, swollen & bored! Happy flying! X